This is a story of a Restoration

I restored this boat from April 2006 to October 2008. You will need to go to the very bottom, October 2008, to find the biginning. See blog archive on the right side.















Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm in Big Springs, NE

But I made a major boo-boo.  I left home without the chip for my camera.  So the photos are on the internal chip, and I have no way of getting them off, until I buy a cord.

I  wanted to show what happened to my saran wrap.  It didn't work.  It was partly shredded in just 35 miles at Pocatello, and at Laramie, WY, I had to remove the rest.  So I hope it doesn't rain too much.  Here in Nebraska there were tornado warnings for yesterday, but so far it is nice and sunny.  And I had a TAIL wind all day long.  Eighteen miles per gallon.

I drove 685 miles, left at 6:45 AM, arrived at 7:30 PM.  Two fuel stops and three saran wrap stops.  Now to find something to eat.

3 comments:

Beth Durtschi Moore said...

Oh no! I hate when I leave the chip in my computer but this is awful since you're on a long road trip! So sorry. Sorry the Saran wrap didn't work. Glad you had a nice day.

Funny Farmer said...

Was it real kitchen saran wrap? I hope you have good weather driving today.

OldBoatGuy said...

No, Lisa, it is a commercial stretch wrap for shipping boxes, etc.

It rained a little before I stopped, but it is not now. I hope the rain will be gone from south Chicago area and Michigan before I get there tomorrow. Thanks