This is a story of a Restoration

I restored this boat from April 2006 to October 2008. You will need to go to the very bottom, October 2008, to find the biginning. See blog archive on the right side.















Thursday, June 23, 2011

Arrived at Algonac, Michigan!

I80 thru south Chicago was VERY stressful!  I'll go home a different way, drop south toward Cincinnati, then west on a US highway.  That way I will see more country.

I will launch the boat in the morning, and at 4PM we go on a boat parade up the St Clair River.  Pictures tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Fantastic!

Won't be bringing our Riviera, but we'll be their Saturday to check out your Gar Wood and the other fine woodies.

Good Luck...

OldBoatGuy said...

Thank you, Mike. It will be a fun day.

Funny Farmer said...

I can only imagine navigating through a big city with a boat trailer. Ug! Glad you were safe. At least your hair is already gray. hee hee

OldBoatGuy said...

Lisa, it WAS grey, now it is totaly white....just kidding. This morning we went on a cruise about 12 miles down river to a big hotel/resturant and had Sunday brunch. There was no wind this time and it was really nice. Thirty boats going down the river can make a pretty rough ride though, but my friend and I were the second and third boats, and we came back all alone.

After that we loaded up our boats and headed home. I am in Bloomington, Ill tonight.