This is a story of a Restoration

I restored this boat from April 2006 to October 2008. You will need to go to the very bottom, October 2008, to find the biginning. See blog archive on the right side.















Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Beginnig of a Love Affair

I am the OLDBOATGUY. This will not aways be a humorous blog. I'll try to infuse some funny stuff. But it is a narrative with pictures of my/our boat. It will be downright boring for some, and highly interesting for others. It will take me though 2 ½ years of boat restoration. Actually, more than 35 years from the purchase to the finishing of the restoring.
I had owned 2 boats before this one. An old wooden inboard boat I shared with a friend in Salt Lake City before I got married, and which I left with him, and a fiberglass outboard I bought in 1967, in which I taught my children to water ski. I had to sell it because I started selling insurance, and needed the money.
So now I will start my love affair with this old boat........next time. (I hope this will work, I don’t know what I am doing.)

No comments: