This is a story of a Restoration

I restored this boat from April 2006 to October 2008. You will need to go to the very bottom, October 2008, to find the biginning. See blog archive on the right side.















Monday, February 22, 2010

This Weather Sucks!

When is it going to warm up around here? The last three mornings it has been from 2 to 5 degrees below zero. All the snow, which was starting to melt a week or so ago, has turned to ice, some of it 1 foot deep. It is hazardous to my health to walk out there. Normally by now it is starting to warm up and feel nice outside.

I’m preparing for my next boat show. I’m doing major work on my tow car, the 1979 Oldsmobile, and minor work on my boat. I’m heading to Seabrook, Texas on April 26th. Seabrook is about 30 miles south of Houston near Galveston. The show is called Keels and Wheels. They have an old wooden boat show and an old automobile show. There will be some 50 or 60 boats, and as many old exotic cars. A cruise around a huge lake called Clear Lake which includes Galveston Bay, and a motor trip (in one of those old cars) to the old San Jacinto Museum and Battleground. That is the site of the last battle between Texas and Mexico which settled the boundary between. It took place several years after Alamo. We will also visit the Houston Space Center.

This is going to bean expansive trip, so if any one wants to chip in, now is the time. Hee Hee.

5 comments:

Becky said...

We're in meltdown phase here, but it's not even March, so we can't kid ourselves about Spring being just around the corner. We'll have crunchy snow again soon...

OldBoatGuy said...

Hey, Becky, thanks for stopping by. Up there in AK spring is a lot different, yes?

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Ha ha. You should put a paypal button up on your side bar and tell jokes for pay.

OldBoatGuy said...

Crash, when I first read your comment, I thought you said "playpal"!!!! Boy, I thought, that would be great, but on the side bar???? I want her to be right here beside me on the couch! Hee Hee

Funny Farmer said...

Did you use the "other S word"? I remember getting chewed out once for using that when I was a kid. :P