This is a story of a Restoration

I restored this boat from April 2006 to October 2008. You will need to go to the very bottom, October 2008, to find the biginning. See blog archive on the right side.















Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Boat is Entered

My boat, THE OTHER WOMAN is entered in the Lake Tahoe Wooden Boat Show. It is called the Concours d’Elegance. It is held in June 2009 from 18th to 21st, Thursday thru Sunday. The boat must be in the harbor of the Sierra Boat Company, Carnelian Bay, Ca (north shore) on Thursday. It will be judged on Friday or Saturday. Saturday evening is a barbeque dinner, and they will announce the winners. Sunday afternoon at 2 PM, the peoples choice award will be given, and we all "roar" out into the lake, and then I’ll go home.

Wish me luck, but really, I am one of 75 other boats just as beautiful as mime. It will be fun just being there.

9 comments:

Cajoh said...

Good luck on your boat entry. You'll have to post on how the contest works as well as how it turned out.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Good Luck! You will have to let us know how it goes!

Heidi said...

Ooh, Tahoe, how fun! It will be COLD though. I know you are used to it but don't be fooled into thinking it will be nice there. The temps there are often colder than Denver. I hope you win!!!

nevadanista said...

How wonderful - I LOVE the name of your boat!!!!! Would love to see your Other Woman there if I'm not out of town. Thanks for visiting my blog. And Heidi is right - the water is especially cold. The daytime weather is usually beautiful, but when the sun goes down, the temperature drops fast!

Becky said...

That's exciting! Good luck. And you'll have to post all about it, of course. :)

OldBoatGuy said...

Thanks, everyone. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Heidi and Nevadanista, I'm not going swimming in Lake Tahoe!!!!!
And I'll be sure and bring my coat. Thanks for the heads up. Four months will pass pretty fast for me, I can hardly wait.

I've still got quite a bunch of preparations to complete befor then.

I've got a motel on the north shore and my daughter is going with me.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

OMGOSH! I'm so fasting and praying for your boat to win. Yours is the most elegant beautiful boat in the entire world. And made with love.

OldBoatGuy said...

Yes, Crash, it was made with love. Thanks

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I've got the perfect angle for you to beat out all 75 boats. Check out my blog. I've named your boat for you. It's a bit ironic, but in a pleasant paradoxical way.